bounce effect when module opens

betsy
Topic Author
6 years 1 month ago #1727 by betsy
bounce effect when module opens was created by betsy
B) Hi, I love this module. I just have a question about the open/close mechanism. The accordions open and close a few times (bouncing) very fast until they finally stay open. It will repeat this bouncing effect on close also. Is there a way to turn this effect off? Your demo version didn't have this effect. I am on the latest version of Joomla 3. Is this caused by some conflict? Your help is most appreciated. Thanks

Betsy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Lodder
6 years 1 month ago #1729 by Lodder
Replied by Lodder on topic bounce effect when module opens
Hi betsy,

This bounce effect is caused by something else on your site. Most likely a script coming from another extension or your template. Unfortunately this will take a very long time to track down, therefore there isn't really much we can do about this.

Regards,
Loddre

clementleemans
6 years 1 month ago #1741 by clementleemans
Replied by clementleemans on topic bounce effect when module opens
Hey, I also like the module very much. I have the same problem with bouncing effect of the accordion. I found out that the accordion doesn't do that if you install one module on an article, but once you want more then one accordions (in my case a have several 'chapters' each with an accordion on the same article) that bouncing effect. I don't know what causes it, but somebody might get an idea now we know that it is caused by putting multiple modules in the same article. (PS : I'm working in joomla 3.3.1, and I understood that the module was updated only till 3.2 joomla version)

Lodder
6 years 1 month ago #1742 by Lodder
Hi clementleemans,

The Accordion will work on Joomla 3.3.1, so you don't need to worry about that.

Would you be able to provide a link to your site so that i could take a look? At a guess, the bouncing effect it caused by maybe jQuery UI, in which case we will simply need to use better naming conventions for our classes. I will investigate over the weekend.

Regards,
Lodder

clementleemans
6 years 1 month ago #1747 by clementleemans
Replied by clementleemans on topic bounce effect when module opens
Thanks for your response.

this is the link where the accordion functions without bouncing (because only one accordion installed on the article)
www.movelearning.com/en/re-resources/re-move-articles

And this is the link where the accordion is bouncing (because more then one is installed on the article)

www.movelearning.com/en/re-resources/re-food-for-thought

Thanks very much for the help,

Clement

Lodder
6 years 1 month ago #1748 by Lodder
Ahh I see now.

Yes, I remember this bug with multiple instances of the Accordion on 1 page. I need to re-write teh jQuery function for this module to fix it.

Regards,
Lodder