JJ SWF Upload
SWFUpload is a simple and easy component that allows you to upload any file in the Joomla backend
This component module uses SWFUpload to allow you to upload your files quickly and securely. It's delibarately designed to be a component that's easy to integrate into a more complex component that you might be working on!
Please note for security reasons we do not allow PHP files to be uploaded in this component.
* -> Security Fix
# -> Bug Fix
+ -> Addition
^ -> Change
- -> Removed
! -> Note
^ Uses Joomla 2.5 controller method
+ Integrated Joomla updater
- Remove Joomla 1.6 and 1.7 Support
^ Made the definition of com_swfupload a variable in the view.html.php
+ More documentation about including this in your own component
# Eliminated all E_STRICT errors
This component as stated is designed to be easy to integrate into your own component. However as it is also a standalone component you will need to make some changes. Here is a quick summary of changes that you should make to integrate this into your own component
- Copy the view in our component into your component and change the component name in view.html.php on line 19 and in the model on line 28.
- Copy across the swfupload folder in the root of the component to the root of your component
- If you wish to have the green upload icon in your view copy across the lines of css in COMPONENT_ROOT_ADMIN/assets/com_swfupload.css and the associated image in the images subfolder of assets (note only the larger of the two images in there will be needed). Note that if you wish to put this small amount of css inside your own css file then make sure you remove the include line for it in default.php line 12.
- Copy across the associated parameters in config.xml. Change the default parameter for the upload location. If you wish to remove these parameters and manually define in the code them you can do this as follows:
- Calling of the parmeters: Line 31 of view.html.php and line 57 in the model.
- Maximum Upload Size: Line 52 of view.html.php and line 60 in the model.
- Allowed File extensions Line 75 in the model
- Upload path: Line 102 of model
To download the component please click on the download button below. The component is compatible with Joomla 1.6-2.5!Please register to download this component
There have been 745 downloads